Tuesday 12 May 2015



so my sister got married earlier this year and i was in charge of doing the invites, so i made this. 

at the reception, my aunt came up to me and told me how much she liked the "owl" and "the other thing" i'd drawn, at which point i had to tell her it was a picture of a sloth hugging a pug - (the sloth is meant to represent paul, the groom, and my sister is meant to be the pug - you see, kids! this is exactly what happens when you start messing about with symbolism).

i still took it as a compliment because like most artists, i'm desperate for any type of positive feedback, but also because i had already come to terms with my artistic limitations a long time ago. 
i guess some artists make their things look like the things they're supposed to, and i guess i'm the other sort.


No comments:

Post a Comment